Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fiordland/Milford Sound Helicopter Tour

Some things in life are meant to be. A few days earlier our helicopter tour/hike of Fox Glacier was canceled due to bad weather. Then, unknowingly, we landed on a glacier during what we thought was just a tour of Milford Sound (see video further down).

There are 2 times in our lives that nature brought us close to tears. The first was looking down at the Upsala Glacier in Patagonia and the other was viewing the Milford Sound from the inside of a helicopter. It's amazing how scale and distance are distorted from above. We'll let the pictures and video speak for themselves.

Watch how you go...

Ian & Greg









2 comments:

  1. Is NZ not one of the most amazingly beautiful places on earth? I think I told you guys that when I did the very same thing (helicopter in NZ to top of a glacier- also in Milford Sound/Franz Joseph) I could not wipe the smile off of my face the entire time. I recognized that look on your faces and it made me so happy. I love the videos, they make me feel like you're not so far away. I walked by your apartment the last three days and miss you so much. Seeing what you're seeing on your blog makes it worth missing you. Also, it's going to be so cool for you to look back in a few months on what you've posted now. It will seem so far away. Ok, this totally should have been an email, not a post. My appologies. -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Becks posted that though. And I second everything. Except for having done the same thing. Unbelievable!

    BTW, Becky, are we still on for dinner w/Todd on Thur? OK, JK, that should really be an e-mail... Manuel

    ReplyDelete